The broken heart emoji is a symbol used to represent a broken or shattered heart. It is often used to convey feelings of heartbreak, sadness, or loss, especially in the context of romantic relationships. The emoji is typically represented as a red or pink heart that appears to be cracked or broken in half. It is commonly used in texting, messaging, and social media to express emotions and feelings related to heartbreak and loss.
Note: This broken heart emoji was approved as a part of Unicode 6.0 in 2010. But it was added to Emoji 1.0 in the year 2015.
The heartbroken emoji generally represents a feeling of heartbreak, loss, or sadness in the context of a romantic relationship. It is often used to express the pain and sorrow that can come with the end of a relationship, the betrayal of trust, or the disappointment of unrequited love. The emoji can also be used more broadly to express feelings of emotional pain or distress in other situations, such as the loss of a loved one, a major disappointment or failure, or a personal setback.
Overall, the heartbreak emoji is a powerful symbol of emotional pain and vulnerability and is often used as a way to connect with others and express feelings of empathy and support.
Several emojis are similar to the heartbreak emoji in that they represent emotions of sadness or heartbreak. Some of these include:
- Broken Heart with Lines – This emoji is similar to the heartbroken emoji, but includes lines to emphasize the shattered or broken nature of the heart.
- Crying Face – This emoji shows a face with tears streaming down the cheeks, and is often used to represent feelings of sadness, grief, or heartbreak.
- Disappointed Face – This emoji shows a face with a downward-turned mouth and furrowed eyebrows, and is often used to express feelings of disappointment, sadness, or regret.
- Pensive Face – This emoji shows a face with a slightly sad or contemplative expression, and is often used to convey a sense of thoughtfulness or reflection on difficult emotions.
- Slightly Frowning Face – This emoji shows a face with a slight frown, and is often used to express mild sadness or disappointment.
These emojis are all similar in that they convey emotions of sadness, heartbreak, or disappointment, and can be used to express empathy and support for others who may be going through difficult times. So copy and paste the heartbroken emoji and share your feelings.
Popular Combinations of Heartbroken Emoji
The broken heart text symbol can be combined with other emojis to convey different meanings or emotions. Here are some possible combinations:
- Double Broken Heart – This combination can be used to emphasize the depth of heartbreak or loss, or to express a sense of feeling broken in multiple ways.
- Broken Heart and Crying Face – This combination can be used to express intense sadness or grief in the context of heartbreak or loss.
- Broken Heart, Pointing Finger, and Red Heart – This combination can be used to express feelings of betrayal or disappointment in a romantic relationship, or to suggest that someone has broken your heart by leading you on or mistreating you.
- Broken Heart and Door – This combination can be used to suggest that someone has left you or abandoned you, or to express a sense of feeling trapped or locked out of a situation or relationship.
- Broken Heart and Memo – This combination can be used to suggest that someone has written you a painful or hurtful message, or to express a sense of feeling hurt or betrayed by something that was said or written.
These are just a few examples of the many possible combinations of the “broken heart” emoji. Depending on the context and the other emojis used, these combinations can convey a wide range of emotions and meanings.
Who Uses Heart Break Emoji?
The red broken emoji is used by a wide range of people in various contexts, but it is most commonly associated with younger generations and their use of digital communication. This includes teenagers and young adults who are active on social media platforms and messaging apps, as well as those who use emojis to communicate their emotions and feelings in their everyday conversations.
However, the heartbreak text symbol is not limited to younger generations and can be used by anyone who wants to express feelings of sadness, heartbreak, or emotional pain in the context of a romantic relationship, loss, or disappointment. It is also commonly used by those who are going through a breakup, divorce, or other difficult life events that involve feelings of heartbreak or loss.
The broken heart emoticon is a powerful symbol of emotional pain and vulnerability that can be used by anyone who wants to express their emotions and connect with others in a meaningful way.
How do Copy and Paste Heartbreak Emojis?
It’s quite easy and simple to copy and paste the broken heart emoji on any of the social media platforms. Just double-click on any of the red and heartbreak emojis. It will be copied and you can paste it on any of the targeted platforms. It will add meaning and emotions to the words you’ve typed. It is also called the great break emoji text sometimes. Because it is also used in any type of text when it’s necessary to give emotions and worth to your words.
Popular Platforms & Broken Emoji
The heartbreak emoji is a widely used symbol and is available on most popular platforms and devices, including:
On iOS devices, the sad broken heart emoji is represented by a red heart that appears to be broken into two pieces.
On Android devices, the broken heart emoticon is also represented by a red heart that is broken into two pieces, similar to the iOS version.
On Windows devices, the heart break emoji is represented by a red heart that is cracked down the middle.
On macOS devices, the heartbreak emoji is represented by a red heart that is broken into two pieces, with a visible crack down the middle.
On Twitter, the sad broken heart emoticon is represented by a red heart that is shattered into multiple pieces.
On Facebook, the heart break emoji is represented by a red heart that is broken into two pieces, similar to the iOS and Android versions.
On Instagram, the sad broken emoji is represented by a red heart that is broken into two pieces, similar to the iOS and Android versions.
The heartbreak emoji is a widely recognized symbol that is available on most popular platforms and devices, making it easy for people to express their emotions and connect with others in a meaningful way.
Also Known As
:broken_heart: (Discord, Github, Slack, Worldtrendsblog)
The broken heart emoji is a widely recognized symbol of emotional pain and vulnerability that can be used to express feelings of heartbreak, loss, disappointment, and betrayal. It is commonly used by people of all ages and is available on the most popular platforms and devices, including iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
The sad broken heart emoji can also be combined with other emojis to convey different meanings or emotions, depending on the context and the intended message. However, the heart break emoji is a powerful symbol that allows people to express their emotions and connect with others in a meaningful way.